We realize that attending an independent school involves a significant financial commitment for many of our families. Making a Friends School education both accessible and affordable is a priority, as we strive to provide as many families as possible access to our transformative education. This is done primarily through our generous financial assistance and Merit Scholarships designed to make it possible for families who might otherwise not be able to afford the full cost of tuition to send their child(ren) to Friends. This year, we awarded over $7 million in financial assistance to our families.
Friends School partners with Clarity Financial Aid to provide financial assistance assessment and auditing services. Families who are interested in receiving tuition assistance should complete an application and submit all required documentation to Clarity by the December deadline. Clarity will provide a personalized and unbiased financial assessment to the School, and using that assessment, we are able to determine the amount of financial assistance that can be offered to each individual student and family.
The deadline to apply for financial assistance for the 2024-25 school year is December 1, 2023. Please contact the Office of Admission if you have individual questions about our financial assistance program.
Friends School offers two Merit Scholarships for new applicants. The Doris Neumann Award is for students entering 6th, 7th, or 8th grade, and the Joseph Townsend Scholarship is for students entering grades 9 or 10. Learn more about these programs.
If you have questions about financial assistance please contact Amy Mortimer '87, Director of Enrollment Management or call 410.649.3210. We are happy to help.
- How do I apply for financial assistance?
- Who is eligible for financial assistance?
- Do I need to reapply for financial assistance each year? Will my award be the same from year to year?
- What factors are considered when determining financial assistance awards?
- I am not sure if we would qualify for assistance. Should we still apply?
- How does this process work for children with multiple households or who have only one parent/guardian?
- Does applying for financial assistance impact the chances of my child being accepted?
- What consideration is given to families with multiple children?
- What if I miss the application deadline?
- Who will see my financial assistance application?
- What does financial assistance cover?
- If I do not qualify for assistance, what can I do?