Financial Assistance & Merit Scholarships
We realize that attending an independent school involves a significant financial commitment for many of our families. Making a Friends School education both accessible and affordable is a priority, as we strive to provide as many families as possible access to our transformative education. This is done primarily through our generous financial assistance and merit award programs, designed to make it possible for families who might otherwise not be able to afford the full cost of tuition to send their child(ren) to Friends. This year, we awarded over $7 million in financial assistance to our families.
Friends School partners with School and Student Services (SSS) by NAIS to provide financial aid assessment and auditing services. Families complete an online financial aid application (PFS) and supplemental documentation to SSS, who in turn provides a financial aid assessment to the School. From that assessment, we are able to determine the amount of financial assistance that can be offered. You can learn more about the financial aid application process in the Family Guide to Financial Aid booklet published by SSS.
The deadline to apply for financial aid for the 2023-24 school year is December 1, 2022.
- How do I apply for financial assistance?
- Who is eligible for financial assistance?
- Do I need to reapply for financial assistance each year? Will my award be the same from year to year?
- What factors are considered when determining financial assistance awards?
- I am not sure if we would qualify for assistance. Should we still apply?
- How does this process work for children with multiple households or who have only one parent/guardian?
- Does applying for financial assistance impact the chances of my child being accepted?
- What consideration is given to families with multiple children?
- What if I miss the application deadline?
- Who will see my financial assistance application?
- What does financial assistance cover?
- If I do not qualify for assistance, what can I do?
Friends School offers two merit scholarship programs for new applicants. The Doris Neumann Award is for students entering 6th, 7th or 8th grade, and the Joseph Townsend Award is for students entering grades 9 or 10. Please click here to learn more about these programs.
All financial awards are confidential between the recipient student/family and the School, regardless of the award type. Any breach of confidentiality is subject to Friends School rescinding the award at any time. If you have questions about financial assistance please contact Jeanne Phizacklea, Assistant Head for Enrollment Management or call 410.649.3219. We are happy to help.
2022-23 Tuition Rates
|Grades 1 to 5||$30,125|
|Grades 6 to 8||$33,310|
|Grades 9 to 12||$34,875|