Strategic Areas of Focus
We aim to meet the needs of our time, our place, our students and their families by living out our unique and foundational identity as a Quaker school.
1. For FSB to be understood as the most valuable investment a Baltimore family can make in its children’s future.
2. For FSB to be more meaningfully in Baltimore, of Baltimore, and for Baltimore, by reflecting the diversity of the city, engaging in deep and authentic learning within the community, and catalyzing dialogue, collaboration, and understanding across traditional divides.
3. For FSB to share its Quaker values within the internal and external communities, expanding and deepening our role in fostering civil discourse in a time of rancor, social engagement in an era of fragmentation, and conflict resolution skills in an age of rising tensions.
4. For FSB to be at the forefront of the ongoing exploration of what “school” should be in order to understand the changing dynamics and implications of the modern world, locally and globally. To be a local and national thought leader on issues of teaching and learning and an exemplar of thoughtful innovation in the educational field. To use our expertise in these areas to effectively serve a wide range of learners from diverse backgrounds.
5. For FSB to evolve to meet the needs of modern families from admission through graduation and beyond, serving as a resource and a trusted partner in all aspects of our families’ journeys, and as an inclusive and responsive community for all our members.