Friends School of Baltimore has embarked on a dynamic strategic planning process that draws on the collective insights, experiences, and hopes of its diverse community. More than 100 parents, alumni, faculty, staff, students, administrators, and trustees gathered over two days in February with Carla Silver and Greg Bamford of Leadership+Design
to engage in blue-sky thinking over five emerging areas of focus. (See below)
“My enduring impressions from those events are the passion with which the participants spoke about Friends School’s past, present, and future; the inspirational ideas that emerged from our conversations; and the eagerness to think and act boldly as we chart the course for our School’s next 233 years,” said Friends’ Head of School Matt Micciche. For more information about Friends School’s upcoming Strategic Plan, click here
Emerging Strategic Areas of Focus
for Friends School of Baltimore
1. To be understood as the most valuable investment a Baltimore family can make in its children’s future.
2. To be more meaningfully “in Baltimore, of Baltimore, and for Baltimore,” by reflecting the diversity of the city, engaging in deep and authentic learning within the community, and catalyzing dialogue, collaboration, and understanding across traditional divides.
3. To share its Quaker values within the internal and external communities, expanding and deepening our role in fostering civil discourse in a time of rancor, social engagement in an era of fragmentation, and conflict resolution skills in an age of rising tensions.
4. To be at the forefront of the ongoing exploration of what “school” should be in order to understand the changing dynamics and implications of the modern world, locally and globally. To be a local and national thought leader on issues of teaching and learning and an exemplar of thoughtful innovation in the educational field. To use our expertise in these areas to effectively serve a wide range of learners from diverse backgrounds.
5. To evolve to meet the needs of modern families from admission through graduation and beyond, serving as a resource and a trusted partner in all aspects of our families’ journeys, and as an inclusive and responsive community for all our members.